• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im a lucky man i think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woppy1

my pump stoped working on my zalman reserator 2 and i didnt hear it stop my cpu got to 70 c then shut down i dont think i did any damage i have done a few stress tests to make sure but hell did it get hot

my first time I watercooled, I didnt have any system hooked up to automaticly run the pump. so a week after I set it up, I turned it on and it cut out 5 minutes later. I was all WTF?

repeated this for an hour till I noticed I didnt plug in the pump.

that computer served me for 3 years after that till I retired it.

i have just bought a new pump so it wont happen again where should i put it in my loop im not taking the reserator apart so would i put in the water in or the water out

the intake of the pump should pull from the reservior and pump into the radiator.

but if your loop doesnt lend itself to that, you can take other liberties.

Thermal shutdown FTW! Since I have gone to WC, i set mine at the lowest my mobo will allow me to. I think its 60c. Works out because I should really never get that high on my set up. Saved me one time when I had a bad mount.

--pak

Back