• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low memory utilization during stressing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrWizard2U

Registered
I have 2GB of ram as detailed in my sig. I have been doing a lot of stress testing relative to my OC attempts but have never seen my memory utilization go above 82%.

For stressing I use Orthos. Is this good enough to determine stability and if not what would I need to use to be able to force the system to use 100% memory.

Its the same even when I set it to not use the page file at all. I already used memtest86+ and didnt get any errors at rated settings.

I can force the utilization of memory to 100% by opening a lot of applications and files but stress testing with Orthos never goes above 82%.

To me it looks like Orthos limitation. Just wanted to check if others have the same issue with Orthos not realy fully stressing the memory.

Try running 2 instances of Orthos. Memtest is a good indicator of basic stability but it is not a good stress tester.

Thanks that worked.

100% utilization achieved while stressing with 2 instances of Orthos.

Back