• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PUMP leak need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaine16

Registered
ok so i just redid my loop walkin around room looking inside case i see water so i say OH **** look around dont see a leak then i look at the pump and there it is

DSCF0336.JPG
DSCF0337.JPG
DSCF0340.JPG

please advise me what to do QUICK
i dont want to take the whole thing apart again maybe i can use poxy or somethin on it?

Put some paper towels under it :p

Shut down the system let it dry then epoxy it. Use Marine epoxy, something water proof.

i didnt even touch the pump before i redid my loop today it was fine now all i see is water dripin for no aperent reason maybe one of the orings or somethin died when i was bleeding it?

You need to drain the loop and take the pump out. Take it apart. Check the oring.

If you're lucky, trying just tightening the pump. If that don't work, pull it out and take it apart. Only way to be safe.

--pak

lol just cme back took a close look at the dam thing the outer plastic ring was loose, how in hell that happened no clue but its all good now thx for contribution

its always a good thing to check everything yourself before assembly. It is never wise to assume anything with water-cooling.

Mycobacteria said:
maybe the leak comes from a loose barb on the pump...

Myco, it was from the loose pump housing. Have you taken apart a D5 before?

mcp650-exploded-view.jpg

Umfortunately I have had to take apart one of my D5 pumps because it died. ouldnt RMA it beause Mountan Mods only has a 1 month warranty on its D5 Pumps. (I had the pump for only 2 weeks, I was deeply cut):mad:

N.B. If I had got the pump from Danger den there would have been no problems with my RMA because they cover the pump for 1 year.

yea lots of warrenty probs with MM. Seeing it on the Xtreme forums as well. I've never purchased from them and likely never will (even tho I could purchase some screws from them without warrenty problems)

My 1st choice is always Petra's.

Yeah I hear petras is good for service but I havent had to buy anything lately.

Danger Den isnt bad, they stuff up now and then (forgot to send barbs with my rad) but they work quickly fix up the problems (sent four barbs to me a week later).

My experience with MM has been quite dismial...

All I is, it can be difficult to fix the pump (mine had a mechanical problem not a leak).

If tightening the ring around the pump doesnt fix your problem you should just RMA if its still under warranty. If its not under warranty anymore I would be using teflon tape on the thread, and as a last resort I would use silicone.

If you got the pump from MM good luck to you. Seeking spare parts from Liang is also a pain as they dont sell or deal with public very well.

It would be hard to have a loose barb on a D5 with the Acetel housing seeing as it's a solid piece ;).

I usually double check every threaded part of my system before I assemble anything. Better safe than wet... er sorry ;).

Back