• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Line fills up when comp turned off, should I be worried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuya

Registered
When I turn my comp off, my T-Line fills up with water. If it were air tight, this shouldn't happen should it? I checked all the lines and connections for leaks over and over, but didn't find any. Should I be worried? Thx~

-Kuya

Thats normal. When the pump is going it drops the Tline level. So when you turn it off, the pump turns off and the Tline level goes up. I don't know why, it just does it.

Maybe someone else could explain why.

--pak

pak said:
Thats normal. When the pump is going it drops the Tline level. So when you turn it off, the pump turns off and the Tline level goes up. I don't know why, it just does it.

Maybe someone else could explain why.

--pak
...because pump creates pressure inside the line expanding them slightly...

If your T-line goes up when you shut your computer off, it is a good thing, it means that your system is very air tight. When the pump turns on, it creates a suction at both ends of the T-line, a positive suction on the water filled end, and a negative suction on the air/fill end. When the pump is on, the air is compressed similar to a vacuum (albeit not so powerful), and the water level is lowered. It's like sucking on a straw with your finger over the end, where your finger is the plug to the t-line. If you stop sucking, you can pull your finger off easily. This is the simplest way i can explain it, although maybe one of the other forum members has some more credible information, i could be wrong. Also, it makes sense that all of this would work provided you don't see any bubbles in the line. Let us know if you've got any questions :)

-Tyler

JeffnWV said:
...because pump creates pressure inside the line expanding them slightly...

To expand on this, when your pump is on, the pressure from the pump expands the tubing. When the pump is turned off the tubing contracts, and since liquid is not as compactable as air, the water line inside the T-line will rise as the air inside it is compressed.

Back