• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory DDR400 query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerscott1984

Hello, I have a question if someone would be so kind to help me! My PC spec is ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MB, xp 3700+ CPU, 1.75gig DDR400 Kingston cheapo ram! (need so save up for better). I read about people over clocking the the 3700 and found most found it stable at 250Mhz, so i got bench marking and stopped at 250Mhz and all is good! iv been using this setting for about a year or so now with no problems. But i noticed in the DRAM config options in the bios setting that the memory (on auto settings) is only running at 333fsb if i roll back the cpu clock speed back to 200 is goes upto 400fsb. If i manually change it to 400fsb with the CPU at 250Mhz the pc will simply not start up. I read in this forum that when you overclock the CPU the memory over-clocks as well. My question is should i leave the memory as it stands or tweak?
Thanks

Back