• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My updated V1000B H2O Rig (Lots O Pics X->56K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

Saw some people posting about water cooling a Lain-Li V1000B and how tight it is. I gotta tell you I love this case. I have a V2000B sitting downstairs empty because I love my 1000 so much. It fits wherever I decide to put it and is one hell of a solid case (it is a lain) and looks stellar. so here is the Rig1 in my sig and some pics of my water cooled HTPC

This is the case when I had my rad inside the case:
dscf0321ae4.jpg

dscf0315ju9.jpg

This is the current format. I Decided I wanted the extra room inside and I dont mind the rad on top. In fact I like the custom look as long as it has a little class.

img0796lk7.jpg

img0795um7.jpg

img0791uk7.jpg

img0798vh0.jpg

img0789am1.jpg

img0786ct6.jpg

img0778hm4.jpg

This is the next addition along with a windowed side panel, and the Raptor X drives will be mounted flat on the side of the 5.25 bay wall on on top of the other. Ill post some picks up of that when I get it all done.

img0801bn5.jpg

It fits so nicely under my desk. I could never get a V2000 in there. Deff a harder loop to figure out, but well worth it for me anyhow.

img0802lr0.jpg

and a few picks of my water cooled HTPC:

img0803eu1.jpg

img0805qx7.jpg

img0806sd6.jpg

This is the 37"lcd I got for $500, I love this thing....

img0807br2.jpg

img0810dn9.jpg

img0812ua0.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job. I also like the look of a radiator on the outside as long as it is done cleanly, in which case, yours is.

--pak

Very nice.

But get some fan guards for those Panaflos on top, you wouldnt want animals or small children to restrict the air flow of your rad when they get curious and lose a finger :p

Wow, I'm a fan of internal mount rads myself, but both setups are really well done, and I love the V1000 case. I need to invest in some tools so I can get into a small case this go around and just mod it for water cooling. The HTPC is also killer.

Very Nice. Like the tv. Im gonna get me one of those.

That is the best $500 I ever spent. I love that TV but I must say the west 37"W3 LCD at Costco for $799 is also a super hot deal and its 1080P :)

Act. if you look in the first pic you see the fan grill I used on top of my case. I used the pattern that came with that. Once I decided to move the rad outside the case, all i had to do was swap the rad. all the holes lined up!

JustChill said:
That is the best $500 I ever spent. I love that TV but I must say the west 37"W3 LCD at Costco for $799 is also a super hot deal and its 1080P :)
:eek: I just noticed that on their website! I had myself set on the 32" Vizio for $599, but this West 1080P looks great! Thanks for the heads up lol :p

Back