• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

redid my wc setup with new rma'd board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnWV

had some bad codes so rma'd my 680i and took the time to redo my wc setup

Loop 1 is the semi clear line - pump(DDC-2 w/PT) > Rad(pa 120.3 under floor) > cpu > GPU > GPU > back to pump

Loop 2 is blue line - pumps(2 db-1's in series) > Rad(BIP in exhaust fan area) > NB > mem sinks > SB > back to pump

T lines running off top of both lines dying in top

Attachments

• relooped.jpg
    relooped.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 250
still bleeding...
but kinda concerned about MCP temp in bios....was 38c while cpu was 24c and system was 33c.
hope I don't have to reseat chipset blocks

BTW, I like the avatar stuff...Christian?

Last edited:
JeffnWV said:
still bleeding...
but kinda concerned about MCP temp in bios....was 38c while cpu was 24c and system was 33c.
hope I don't have to reseat chipset blocks

BTW, I like the avatar stuff...Christian?

Absolutely.

What blocks are you using for the SB and the RamSinks? Looks clean but man.. thats a lot of tubes in one case. lol. What are you using for your t-lines?

shrouds are units that come with the case. There's a side panel fan bracket that holds 4 120mm fans on this Stacker 830 Evolution...those are the filter/shrouds from that...work perfectly..just clip on over the fans. they do a good job of keeping dust out. (and keeping screws from dropping down through on to the radiator etc).

Ramsinks come on the OCZ flex memory..passive and LC optional. Chipset blocks are the MCW 30's from Swiftech. It seems like more tubing because it's 2 seperate loops ?? and I have the mem sinks WC'd :) There's actually only 25 inches of tubing on the main loop...it's VERY short because the pump is mounted on the back wall of the case and the radiator barbs are right below it. Wasn't as worried about the non essential second loop run.

T lines--
main loop uses the EK waterblock as the T...I just pulled off of the top port with an elbow, shutoff valve and a 8" piece of tube (shut off's make bleeding easier...can rotate the case to get air out without getting air back in )

2nd loop has a plastic T with a female 1/2 thread in the middle so I could run the shutoff into it. It's unseen behind the GFX card's power cables.

Last edited:
Rickster said:
whats a shutoff valve? mind showing me and telling me what it is.
shutoff--shuts off the passage which the fluid flows. When using a T line, the fluid in the upper part of the T is essentially the reservoir. Once the system is mostly bled of air, you only need a small amount of fluid in the reservoir or, T.
When bleeding with a T, it speeds up the proccess by tilting or rotating the case to get the air bubbles to move through the blocks, radiator, and curves in the lines. The air goes up and into the T as the water drains into the system. If you tilt the case too far, the air in the T line can get back into the loops...so I use a shut off to stop that (plus it makes for ensuring that the loop is sealed once it's completely bled)

Rotating the blue knob 90 deg counter clockwise, opens the reservoir/T line. (it's closed in this pic)

You can just barely make out the T fitting in the second loop behind the power cables for gfx card

Attachments

• shutoff.jpg
    shutoff.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 149
I still can't see the t-line res, but it's ok, I kind of understand what you mean. It's like one of those on a gas tank. Not sure where I can find these. Plumbing section maybe?

Rickster said:
I still can't see the t-line res, but it's ok, I kind of understand what you mean. It's like one of those on a gas tank. Not sure where I can find these. Plumbing section maybe?

ok the "reservoir" is the upward turning piece of tubing which just ends up in the top of the case and plugged.
Now a T line is just a T fitting (or the principle of a T) inline with the liquid flow. As the fluid passes through the fitting going from say the south bridge block to the pump, the part of the T fitting that sticks straight up (envision an upside down T with the leg sticking straight up), also has some fluid in it part of the way and the rest is air.
This small amount of liquid is essentially the reservoir of water. It's the same principle as a dedicated reservoir unit...has fluid and air in it, only the section of tubing attached to the leg of the upside down T fitting, is much smaller and...cheaper :)
When you look at that shut of valve (thing with the blue knob), it's attached to a delrin elbow (the black plastic square thingie). That elbow is attached to the full cover EK water block on the gfx card. As the fluid passes up to that waterblock from the block below it via the short 2" piece of tubing, it is forced through the passage of the waterblock. At that junction where it enters the waterblock (from below) I have the black elbow attached on top. This essentially creates the T fitting...the elbow, shut off and 8" piece of tubing becoming in effect, the upward pointing leg of an upside down T.

This is what I meant as a T reservoir...it's a T fitting (principle) with a reservoir (reserve of fluid) of fluid in the tube. So as air is bled out of the water, it will pass up that elbow/tube passage and the reservoir of fluid in the tube will drain into the system replaceing the air. That is all a dedicated reservoir is for, they just appeal to people better than a short piece of tubing attached to a fitting.

I found these 1/4 thread fittings at a company local here called Fastenal. 2 in a bag for $13. They are high quality fittings.

Last edited:
thx Myco, I'm alot happier with it too. and I'm done fussing around with this thing!

Yeah I can see now. I always knew what a t-line res was but I just couldn't figure out from your picture. Do you have a fill port at the top of your case where I assumed you drilled a hole at the tubing? BTW it's a very good idea. I hope you don't mind me stealing it ;).

No fill port Rick, I just let the tube stick out of the side of the case when I do maintenance and tuck it back in when done(it's plugged and clamped). Fill port is too restrictive for me ( I lay my case down on it's side, back, front etc when filling and bleeding) a fill port limits you to orientation and isn't as practical. I usually have 2 feet of tubing connected to my restube (T fitting) when filling or draining (I use a piece of cheap 3/8 tubing that is thin walled and fits inside the 7/16 tygon restube and a funnel on the other end...a long tube full of water helps push the water into the system better than a fill port and what short length is attached to that)

And I hope you can profit from anything I do or offer in advice!

Back