• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soliciting your opinions/ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Mike

Senior Head of Import Performance
So I'm getting ready to close in the last few deals to build my next rig. I'm looking for suggestions for the following:

Water block to suit an E6600, something that performs well but isnt excessively expensive. I'm thinking Fuzion at the moment.

Waterblock for 8800GTS or X1900XTX if I decide to cut a few more bucks out of the equation, MCW60 with the G80 kit is what i was contemplating

Radiator, I was going to do a 120x240 in the front of an Antec 900 or similar, maybe an armor JR, my full sized armor was, well, a bit much really.

Pump, I was thinkin the swiftech 655 or Dtech D5.

All of the above sounds good. Also the 655 and D5 are the same pumps but come in two different versions, a variable version and a fixed speed version. You'll save $10-$25 if you go for the fixed speed model.

A lot of people will try to convince you to go for a full cover waterblock but I'd advise against that unless you feel like spending an extra $100 on a waterblock every time you upgrade your video card.

Also I'd say you should hold onto the full sized armor. My brother has that case and the double rad fits well in front and leaves him with five 5.25" drive bays. If you have one media drive and use the stock power button module and tray module that will leave you with two left.

Yeah I'm definately not doing a full cover water block, my last setup worked great with just a Maze5 and ramsinks. I actually had a triple rad in front of the Armor, but it was sold with the rest of the setup so its time for a new case anyways and a double will still fit in the JR or a 900 with an optical and a single 3.5"

Back