• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New watercooling for around $100-$150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Denbob99

Well, was looking at a Thermaltake Big Water 735 but have heard they're not so great. Anything near the same price range worth buying? I will be cooling an AMD X2 3600+, 2 X1950pro's and possibly my northbridge. Anything else needed for you to help me, just ask.

Last edited:
Nothing in that price range is going to do a good job cooling all that. I pieced together my system with used parts (pumps and rads in particular are a bargain used) etc and spent about 300 bucks to cool a Opteron 165 one x1900xt and northbridge, but I was trying to be in the upper like, 5% with the hardware I had. If you want to do it right its going to cost a pretty penny, there's really no two ways about it.

Thanks both, it seems impossible to find that CPU block and pump in the UK, any others you would suggest. How about the Eheim Compact 600/1000? I can submerse them in a reservoir no pro ? Also, what fans would you suggest for the rad? I'd like something quiet but don't want to skimp on the cooling.

Last edited:
you can look for a pond pump, just make sure the pump have at least 6ft of head lift.

Little Giant PE-1H-PW
PondMaster Mag-Drive Pump MD2 - 250
Rena Flow 450
RIO Model 1700
Hydor L30
Eheim 1250
Maxi-Jet 1200

The Eheim 1000 compact is a usable option.

A casual look around google shows tons of watercooling shops in the UK.

I also like to buy stuff used from the classifieds when possible. It can save a good bit of money.

The best fans to get are yate loons. They are inexpensive, quiet, and undervolt very well.

Those part won't do very well for what he wants to cool I would guess cooling cpu, 2 video cards, and NB will be 10' of head not counting radiator.

Denbob99 said:
Thanks both, it seems impossible to find that CPU block and pump in the UK, any others you would suggest.
Not a suggestion about parts but where you could get parts. I'm hoping to get into the water cooling game and I'll propably be getting the parts from performance-pcs.com. Got stuff of them before, postage wasn't through the roof and it took roughly a week for delivery. Good luck with your build :)

Actually that setup isn't too bad. I wouldn't say that trying to watercool for $100-$150 is hard to do while getting good performance.

See what you can do in the classifieds and also try to be resourceful. I'm not sure what the autoparts market is like in the UK but you can pick up a double heatercore (equivalent to a 120.2 radiator) for $25. That can offer a good savings over a purpose built radiator while still allowing for performance thats better than a lot of the Black Ice and Similar rads out there.

Back