• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neophyte_99

Question: I´ve found a similar bios to a abit BX board.
Can i flash my bios with a another boards bios.

The BX bios contains Soft menu:D

I have a soyo 6KB board.
I can´t find any bios for it with soft menu.

I have no hardware clock on my board so i must have a bios with soft menu.

Hardware clock=no jumpers, no nothing.

Intel 440lx chipset
pentium II 266mhz@180mhz

No one seems to know how to fix it.

PsycoPhreak said:
ummm..... I may be askin a stupid question... :rolleyes: but...what is your motherboard?

your motherboard is the LARGE PCB that everything plugs into, RAM, CPU, Add-in Cards, Ect.
Without a motherboard, you can not have an operational computer.

I would say it is the most important part of any computer system.

Neophyte_99 said:
I have a soyo 6KB board.
I can´t find any bios for it with soft menu.

I have no hardware clock on my board so i must have a bios with soft menu.

Hardware clock=no jumpers, no nothing.

Intel 440lx chipset
pentium II 266mhz@180mhz

No one seems to know how to fix it.

That is quite an old board; I just d/l'ed the manual and it looks like there isn't any adjustment for fsb speeds even. Have you messed with the multiplier settings any on the board? I seem to remember that the way that Intel locked the multipliers back on the older P2's could give some funny readings for proc speeds. Go d/l sisoft sandra or wcpuid and see what the actual speed of your proc is. I don't think that you will have any luck finding a bios that has a soft menu for your board; they are board-specific. However, if you flash the bios to Soyo's latest revision, you should be able to run a 433 celeron in it. Your best bet would probably be to get a newer motherboard though.

Back