• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill new badge on ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stevie G

Hi,

Just interested to know if the G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ with the new bigger badge still uses the Micron D9 chips like the older smaller (centered) badged sets?

its still d9gmh.if you need verification tho just shoot the gskill rep a pm at xs.btw theres a $15 newegg coupon code for that stuff.dont have it handy right now but if you decide to go with it check out slickdeals for it.or repost and ill try to find it again.

that coupon code no longer works for the ram. the ram is now $119 at newegg.

Do you know if these sticks work on the P5B Deluxe with the initial voltage? I don't have a pair of sticks that run at 1.8v to boot with and then change to 2.0v, so I'm looking at getting the PK's instead because I know they boot at 1.8v.

yea all the d9's will be fine... if its the first time your booting the board it will lower the timings to something like 5-5-5-16. my evga board though has a defualt 2v when booting up. i figured by now asus would have raised the defualt volts to the ram.

I think they may have... but I can't recall anyone talking about it, so I wanted some confirmation (and wanted to make sure the sticks would boot at 1.8v).

I dont' know about your board but I was running the G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ and PC-8500 Tracers in an evga 590sli which defaulted to 1.8v and I never had a single problem with either. And unfortunately I never got enough time to find out which would go faster......RMA times are too short. If they go on sale again I'm buying more, at least a few sets for family and friends builds. I wonder if they'd be mad at me if I took the $159.99 refund and bought the same thing for $105? : )

Back