• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please give me your mem recomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem1x1

I am on a quest to build the best system for myself. I have a locked XP1900+, and will not unlock it for a while yet. So, I need the best stick of DDR I can buy in order to get a great FSB overclock.
I haven't purchased a mobo for it yet, see my thread here to see what I'm after. What I'm trying to find out in this thread is the best stick of DDR to buy. I think that the Corsair has been recommended over crucial around here. If that is the best, where can I buy it? Do you suggest I get PC2400, and where can I pick that up? I would like to order today, so if you can help I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out this week!;)

Since you are buying why not get 2700 ddr?
You might not make full use of it right now but probably will need it eventually.
Kingmax has true 2700 ddr with 5ns memory.
I just read a review on the vr-zone of a iwill xp 333 motherboard they used the kingmax in it and got it to 205mhz.

Crucial and Corsair are both great brands, but I chose Mushkin, and am very happy with it =)

4x 512mb sticks of Mushkin PC2100 DDR

Back