• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple quick easy questions for somone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hunter1895

Registered
First where can you buy 1gig DDR chips?
How does PNY memory stack up under mild overclocking ?
Im not buying PNY for my system. But I found a good buy on it and was wondering if it was worth picking some up just to have around for backup or testing . If its really bad stuff I wont get it.

I don't know of any company that is producing one gig ddr chips, but there might be.

PNY does not always use the same chips. I had some with Infenion chips that overclocked very well. Other people have gotten no name chips that wouldn't overclock at all. Kind of a craps shoot.:eh?:

Well I agree with Hugo, Personaly I don't care for PNY, and where did you find memory so cheap you feel the need to stock up? Sorry not trying to be rude, it just reads that way.:beer:

I was going to buy a couple sticks of it just to have in case i needed it . best buy had pc-133 for 19 bucks with a 8 dollar rebate. might be useful for some old machines.

Back