• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRIVE BAY reseviours

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Anyone have experience with drive bay reseviours like this one:

res.jpg

it seems like a good fit for my plans

just curious about a review...maybe some pros and cons

If you want a res go with the Swiftech Micro Res. I like t-lines better, though. The fitting is only like $1 at the hardware store.

i must have a drive bay reseviour...so please comment on them IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE with them.

thanks

Lark-ICE- said:
i must have a drive bay reseviour...so please comment on them IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE with them.

thanks
Can you tell us why you "must have" a drive bay reservoir? Maybe we can help you make a t-line (or equivalent) work in your computer...

the only space i have left on the inside of my case is in the drive bay.
i will not buy another case just so that i can have a different res

Lark-ICE- said:
the only space i have left on the inside of my case is in the drive bay.
i will not buy another case just so that i can have a different res
If you post pics, we can help you find a place for a t-line...you don't have to buy another case...

EDIT: I also asked you specifically why you can't fit it in your case (pics work wonders here)...I was not wanting an answer of "it won't fit, there is no space"...I assumed that when I read your post :bday:

off-topic.

Anyone have experience with drive bay reseviours?

Lark-ICE- said:
off-topic.

Anyone have experience with drive bay reseviours?
Please don't avoid my question or request, I am just trying to help.:beer:

Anyway, to answer your question, I did have one on my first water-cooling system.

It is indeed harder to fill (like someone stated earlier), and you lose a bit of performance compared to a t-line. They look sharp, but I really don't think it is worth it (IMO I think t-line looks better anyway :bday:).

But if your looking for a "review"...they are resivours...they are all the same...lol

thank you for the last comments. they were somewhat helpful.
as per your question. i will not answer it b/c i am not looking for a solution, i am looking for users personal experience with bay res's. you added what you could. from your own experience, they look sharp but are harder to fill.

thank you for that.

Lark-ICE- said:
thank you for the last comments. they were somewhat helpful.
as per your question. i will not answer it b/c i am not looking for a solution, i am looking for users personal experience with bay res's. you added what you could. from your own experience, they look sharp but are harder to fill.

thank you for that.
No problem.:beer:

But in the future, you may want to be a little more open when you ask questions. You should have stated outright that you want a resivours and nothing else.:bday: I would not have asked then. If you don't eliminate other possibilities in your first post (ie: no t-line), be prepared for others to ask about the possibility.:santa:

[sarcasm]what part of my initial post comfused you? the title? DRIVE BAY res's? or was it the text from the first post?
Anyone have experience with drive bay reseviours like this one:

it seems like a good fit for my plans

let me know, so next time you won't get sidetracked[/sarcasm]

Lark-ICE- said:
[sarcasm]what part of my initial post comfused you? the title? DRIVE BAY res's? or was it the text from the first post?
let me know, so next time you won't get sidetracked[/sarcasm]
Lol, while you stated what you wanted to know, I was asking whether you considered an alternative...:bday:

i liked my frozencpu 3.25 bay res(upgraded from the stupid thermaltake pump-res combo monstrosity), i should have got a clear instead of blue, yea filling it was a task but ill prob add a t-line to the fill top of it next time i install it
its very nicely made and sturdy, and from what i remember the price was excellent

I started off watercooling with a bay res. What a mess it was. It was a pain to bleed and drain the system. It restricted flow. It had a nasty buildup of I don't know what on one of the corners. Hence, why I suggest the t-line.

I have used both Res and T-Line and found no performance difference at all. I am currently using the Swiftech MCRES-MICRO and the Danger Den Bay Reservoir. have also used the Typhoon dual 5.25 bay res. All without a problem, all work well. If you set up your tubing right they are not hard to fill just leave enough slack to pull out the front of the bay enough to fill. Good luck with your build.:)

mine sucked air, not sure if thats inherent to all single bay boxes, or if it can be fixed with a better design.

filling on mine was easy...(tooless bay removal, hold the little clips and slide it foward, remove the plug screw, fill) but I had to tilt the case to the side and back so I could get every ounce of water into the bay(or else it would suck air).

I tried for a swifttech rez in my new setup, but couldnt route it in. so I did a Tline.

a bay resevior is a cleaner install for sure. tline cant be beat for retarded simplicity, and the benefit of shorter piping distances.

all in all... I want to figure out how to fit the swifttech micro rez into my loop... reservoirs > tline, but not bay reservoirs IMO.

Started running water about 3 years ago, and used a DangerDen bayres, as they were popular at the time.

$ months later, the seams split, killing nothing, but I have been running a T since.

Yes, as stated, it looks cool. But to me, it's not worth the risk. If I were to run one again, it would be one of high quality, and made of delrin, such as the ones by EK Eddie, and Alphacool.

Last edited:
Back