• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some opinions on temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gocartman2

well right now im using a rosewill z3 cpu cooler with a 120mm fan of my own, and im just not liking the temps, i used to have a bigwater 735 wc loop until it caught fire inside my comp(it was the cathodes, which are gone now),
i know the pump still works and ive been wondering if it would be worth it to run just a cpu loop?, for better temps. i would only need to buy new coolant and tubing(i actually have a 90% full bottle of fresh TT coolant, might just add distilled water to that afterwards)
it would have TWO SEPERATE 1x120mm rads, a drivebay rad and a external one, a dual 3.25 bay res, the squarish looking TT pump (400+-50 L/H) and the crap TT half copper cpu block. all 3/8th tubing. maybe go with tygon?

Overkill, but yeah, it'll lower your temps.

2 rads for 1 cpu, and the cpu only?

Overkill, but it'll all be good.

yea im thinking of going pump>cpu>rad>rad>res

i tried pump>rad>cpu>rad>gpu>res a while back and it leaked because of the pressure, it was a good lesson learned

any good way to clean out my cpu block without opening it? i have an air compressor and about every household and automotive cleaner available

Last edited:
Back