• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeAd_Poisoning

Do you think a Laing D5 has enough power to pump/throughput to effectively pump through 2 triple radiators? i am contemplating adding another to my cooling construction below:

A D5 has enough power to move water through almost any water loop imaginable...if you want to maintain your flow rate, I'd highly recommend getting another one to put in series, otherwise adding another triple radiator will only succeed in lowering temps (assuming you'll be cutting down on the number of fans).

rather than spend £60 buying another, i could buy an independent 24v power supply for my current one and run it at 24v

This is why I love the DDC+ 20' of head and a lot more flow with just the modded top :D

Either way, I think the D5 could handle it. but not as well if their were two.

cooling wise, i wouldn't think much if you're only cooling the CPU, i have my opty 165 + 7800GT on a loop with 1 120mm rad, and it cools effecntly

LeAd_Poisoning said:
would two triple radiators make a major difference over one?
I don't think so. If you're cooling say a Q6600 and 8800GTX in SLI, yeah... But since you're running only a CPU block... seriously doubt it.

i was thinking of doing it when i buy a new graphics card and add it to the loop, so with both an 8800GTX and cpu in the loop, would it be worth it?

possibly... im going to do SLI with quad core on one tripple. im not to worried about it.

Measure your coolant temp. The second rad will at best lower your chip temperatures by half the current coolant temp.

Edit for the sake of clarity: I meant half the difference between the coolant and the air entering the rad.

If you buy a second radiator exactly like your current one and run them in parallel, the combination will be less restrictive than one rad alone. Hence any pump can push water through a second rad.

Last edited:
Back