• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one be so kind?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure what you are asking for.
If you want a motherboard to use with a 800eb we need to know if the cpu is a slot type or a socket 370.

for slot1 say ASUS P3V4X ....dont name a bx because many of them did not officially support 133 bus

for socket say ASUS TUSL2....

Placid said:
Not sure what you are asking for.
If you want a motherboard to use with a 800eb we need to know if the cpu is a slot type or a socket 370.

Sorry man, my emotion was soaring too high and caring me over..:) Anyway, I trashed a piii 800eb, and i just called Intel for a replacement. And they of course, asked me many questions, included what kind of mobo i was using. But i have no idea what brand of the board, model of the board, and needless to say bios' version. I know it may sound incredible, but since i never used the board, and i screwed the chip alone with the board the first time i ever touched it...:eek: And of course, i know i could find all of those online, but i just need to make sure..(don't want to pay for the whole thing), so if anyone has a board that is WORKING, and is COMPATIBLE with a FCPGA 800eb, please tell the brand of the mobo, model, and bios version, so i can get my replacement. Thanks.

no BX board has official support for a 133 FSB chip, this is because the BX chipset doesnt have the correct AGP divider at 133FSB..... But hey, the BX chipset rules, Its still the fastest P!!! chipset to this date

LONG LIVE THE BX BOARD
(proud owner of an ABIT BF6, I refuse to get rid of it)

To all:

thanx for readin' and special thanx for those who kindly given out the information. I will have the replacemnt on hand couple days later!!

to jay:

well, thanx for the input, but i don't think you are in the right place to have your prompt speech about BX chipset tho..:)

Back