• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Q about the Laing DDC-plus 18w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

Is it possible that due to not having a lot of resistance in the pump, that the pump makes a noise when a modified top is used and the barbs are at right angles to eachother?

I used to have it upset to the barbs were at right angles, but the pump used to make an awfully loud noise, so i changed it so they are next to eacother. I have a alphacool top.

The reason I say this is because I thought since the water is traveling so fast that it is hitting the impeller very hard and causing it to make noise?

Thanks

andyl33t said:
Is it possible that due to not having a lot of resistance in the pump, that the pump makes a noise when a modified top is used and the barbs are at right angles to eachother?

I used to have it upset to the barbs were at right angles, but the pump used to make an awfully loud noise, so i changed it so they are next to eacother. I have a alphacool top.

The reason I say this is because I thought since the water is traveling so fast that it is hitting the impeller very hard and causing it to make noise?

Thanks
I have the same setup and use the top as my inlet but this top is NOT modded. My pump is almost silent.

I do not mean that the top is modified, i ment I have a 3rd party top - the alphacool one.

is it setup like the Petra top? (barb comes IN in the top center)

I had my stock ddc installed for a few days without the top and sitting with the base down(laying flat) and it made alot of noise but died down after many hours. I now have it mounted sideways ( with the ultra top) with the outlet pointing down and it's quiet as a mouse.

Yup, the pump is the same as petras top, but i don't think it performs the same as petras.

wonder why? the water doesn't just go straight in? is the cavity just a little bigger? what's the difference?

Back