• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7/16 Tube HELP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hello People,

So I am trying to install the swiftech kit and placed all the parts in the case now I am trying to tube connect everything.

These tubes are sooooooooooo HARD to connect....I tried boiling water and dipping the tube end in a cup and managed to get the one connect to the resv. done but thats it so far:confused:

In the manual it said it was fairly easy to do...who do they think I am? Superman...gits...ok...so can anyone give me any tips because I really wanna to get the rig up and running ASAP so I can fight with vista64.

Another thing...connecting the tubes to the pump...its impossible...it sooooo hard just getting half the cable in...is it me...wish I was guy today...could do this so easily...all WCing people must have really strong forearms and hands...big hands as well....big arms as well...:eek:

Got it sorted...just called the nearest guy I know who was strongish...wow...he totally nailed my cabling in seconds...it took him around 2 mins to put all the connections on for me....THANK U MATT...we love u!!!!....he is my hero of the day!

try using a lubricant on the barbs and tubes, works great.
what kind of tubing? brand?

....dude looks like a lady....

Myco, I think Jen is a young lady.
"...it sooooo hard just getting half the cable in...is it me...wish I was guy today...could do this so easily..."

i had **** loads of trouble too, couldn't use my thumb for a few days because i almost ripped the skin off it lol, but it was worth it, my case has probably traveled more than most water cooling computers and not a single leak. 7/16 is defiantly a lot harder than 1/2 inch... the 1/2 inch took 10 seconds per barb, 7/16 was closer to a min or more.

(up and down stairs countless times, to north Georgia and back, tons of lan parties etc..)

Myco...women dont have huge biceps to smash things in.

I tried the boiling water thing but it just did not work then I called my neighbour how connected everything up like it was lego...oh and I gave like the tightest hug I could...invited him around for the FA cup final....which was nice...oh and he can cook as well! Awesome! Only downer...he is my older brothers old friend so he is kind like all big brothery with me which sweet.

Currently running the loop and leak testing before I butcher my current rig...start at around 9pm GMT today...things to do?

Install crossflow fan
Connect case leads
install cards
install HDDs/DVDroms
Jazzup the system with some stuff
Hopefully start the BIOS update followed by the almighty fight to get vista64 installed which should be interesting.

Damn...cant wait till I get to vista64 then I can have a nice ice cold shower followed by watching a few episodes of Bleach.

Got to go...but look out for my whole build process thread which I will post in the WCing section soon enough once vista64 in done and the rig stable:)

wow, thats hot. . . kinda makes me wish i lived close to london. . . Oh, good to hear you got everything connected alright though.

We need pictures. . . Of the computer of course. . .

I can get the 7/16" tubing on, but I have to say that after the first few tries, I decided that it simply isn't worth the hastle and ditched it in favor of my old faithful 1/2"ID. I usually work on my setup out in my workbuilding in the back yard, and I don't have hot water out there, so trying to get 7/16" on is simply too much of a hastle. It is worth working out there so that I don't get in trouble for taking over the dining room table :). And this is not to mention that you have to cut it to get it off.

I've got about 25' of 7/16" I'm just going to get rid of whenever I get around to it.

There have been other gals on here from time to time, so she is not completely alone. We could use some class around here...

25 feet? Is it Tygon?
I don't understand why people have such a hard time getting it over 1/2" barbs. I usually have to put my lines on and take them back off a few times to trim...so I use a water soluable lubricant...works great

Is it something people in this forum notice...females?

Anyways, I completed the rig today morning and then had to fight to get vista64 working buts it on and I am typing from the PC!!!!

I will create a new thread for my adventure with lots of pics but...sadly the only thing that I am not happy about is the cabling...its kind of messy in the wrong places but still it all works and my temps are kind of high at the moment because I set the rad fans to 7volts and also very hot in the atic where I made the PC. I am gonna bring it down next weekend when I have had time to get use to it (its heavy for me to lift so waiting for my big bro to visit me next weekend (^-^) and then its in my room. Oh and I did soooo many things wrong but the point is that I made it all by myself with the exception of connecting the WC pipes.

Also I went for the minimalist approach to lighting...more of a classical understated style.

My baby sis saw the PC and she totally loved the lighting was done...there just enough to see everything but nothing!

Well....just gonna install the rest of the drivers...then need to wait for the weather to cool down before OCing it

when they wont go on(Ive had a few stuborn ones; like getting it onto the pump barbs) try *ahem* water based "grease".

aka KY lube. ;)

I wonder if the lube will enter the into the water...

And what to do when she wants to remove the tube from the barb, she might have to cut them off...

it gets into the water, but being that its water based, theres no foaming, and generally no noticable effects. none that your likely to notice. unless your running a pure distilled water loop, 1 additive or 2 shouldnt really matter.

as for removing, once on the barb, the tube will stretch, getting it off shouldnt be too hard, and putting it back on will be far easier as well.

the lube helps keep the barb and tube...lubed! :D
I have learned that using the lubricant helps make removal easy for a while. After a bit the lubricant seems to dry up so there is a window of time where tubing can be removed and replaced several times.

only thing... you may want to avoid the "heat generating" lube! :D :D

Back