• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bx-133 raid help ! please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pot3

Can someone help or dirrect me to somewhere I can get repairs.

I have been running an Abit bx133 raid for 6 months now without a hitch. then no boot. dead as a doornail:mad: .
I have removed everything and tested all other parts on a different machine and they all work:beer:
The motherboard doesn't get past its first bios routine so I would expect the bios has died.:eek:

anyone got a suggestion I get no response after 8 emails from Abit themselves.

rig: aopen case : 30 gig wd :512/133dimm : pIII 500 :gfmx400 : sblive : 10/100

thank you :confused:

Where is it stopping exactly?

Have you tried resetting the bios?

Take out the jumper leave it for 15-30mins AND BE SURE

BE SURe
BESURE

You have the jumper back in after you turn it back on.

from power up blank screen.

cmos reset nil

then tried to reflash from flop but would not flash

soulds like dead chip to me??

thanks for the reply

You might want to take a look at the filter capacitors near the socket, Abit was know to use inferior caps that would go bad without notice on these and their "BE6" boards. best way to tell if any are bad is if they look "bloated" (top buldging out) or check for possible leakage around the base of them. if all looks good, next step I'd check is the power supply, they can drop dead without warning as well.

this is just my experience with Abit boards, among much more...heh heh heh...

PS) Trying to get a response from Abit is like pulling the molars out of a donkey thru it's A**, IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Back