• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a T-Line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wc1.jpg

its at the top, where you see a line cut up without liquid, it goes up another inch or 2 out of the frame and has a plug in it.

i'm sorry, i needed to be more specific.

What is a T-Line and how is it used as a resevoir. Can you show me?

Lark-ICE- said:
i'm sorry, i needed to be more specific.

What is a T-Line and how is it used as a resevoir. Can you show me?

a tline is as shown, just a T off your regular setup, the liquid IN the T is your resevior basically, rather than flowing the water through the resevior, you just have it sitting up waiting to refill into the regular flow and at the same time, it is a place for the bubbles to escape out of circulation.

its easy because it doesnt require routing to a resevior, it will fit on anything.

Its for use with in-line pumps, to fill your system you funnel liquid down the t-line until the system is full. You then sit the t-line at the top of the system for a few hours with the pump on to bleed it. You can then set your system up without space being taken up by a submersible pump in a reservoir or a reservoir used for filling your inline.

Maybe a better picture to illustrate a T-line. Just a simple T connection before the pump where excess water is held. As water is evaporated or leaked (God forbid) it is replaced by water held in the t-line. In the picture the t-line runs up to a fill port that is mounted on the case for easy filling. It could be mounted anywhere in the loop; so you could mount it out of the way if needed. I just chose to mount it before the pump.

As in the picture in the above post, it is basically an upside down T, and the straight tube off the t-fitting houses the extra fluid in the tube, there for acting like a mini res. Simple, and bleeds the loop good.

Back