• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drain Radiattor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrainMasher

Hello guy's and girl’s (if there are any here) i have a question how do I drain my radiator. I think I have still air in it now it only cool’s 4C more then my Zalman 9500 led :bang head and that is not good

Greets BrainMasher

depends what your equipment is & how it's located. if your rad is in top of case & u have a resevoir tip case over so that rad is lower & res is higher & unscrew the plug on the res so air can escape. you may need to repeat a fdew times running your pump in the meantime so that the air is eventually xpelled to res. also checks that tubes are free of kinks etc.,

it only cool’s 4C more then my Zalman 9500 led
if comparison is at idle u have no issues, if at load then you have:)

luck & welcome:D

There isn't any need to drain the radiator, you have to move your reservoir/fill line to the very top of the system and let the pump run for a few hours, this will bleed the air out. If your radiator isn't at the top of your system then you don't have air in it.

it is on idle need to test on load will do that tomorrow and i have my res in the top have a pic so you can see it

Greets BrainMasher

your temps are fine then in that case, i wouldn't worry just check out difference on load which is where it matters.

on load it is 5C less not good is it I tested for 20min on orthos and then it whas up to 59C whas 64C on air

Greets BrainMasher

i wil Test the block but a bolt thru kit will not fit i have a storm block

Greets BrainMasher

u don't use the nolts shown in the pic use the bolts that come with the storm or m3 threaded rods/bolts

okey thanks for the reply's have one more question can I use this for it

Greets BrainMasher

Yep should do the job it's a zalman isn't it?? just check that the thread is the same as the mounting posts for your block,.

luck:)

Back