• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sdram mobo/chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

I'm gonna be in the market for a new mobo soon. What's the best chipset so far for sdram? I want a board that's fcpga2 compatible and that will take my 2 high density 512 meg sticks of ECC ram. Probally gonna go with an asus board that has soft menu.

Thought to ask here first, a board that's tweakable would be great. Tweaking is always fun because you feel that you earn your benchs.:D

I think the newest VIA is good, and hell, it's all I know ;). VH6T, VH6-II...

Asus makes some good boards, though if you're planning on getting a Tualatin I'd steer you more towards the Abit side.

Yeah, that Via is the only one that will take both of them unless you go to a BX board which may not be quite as fast.

Accually, abit was my first choose, but my friend just got an asus and he said to look into them. Yea, well I'll definatly look into the via reviews. I want the fastest chipset for my ram. Figured if i had a lot of good ram might as well get the most out of it. A new board with a gig ram sounds so sweet. I cant wait. I'm stuck with 128 on a slow apollo until then.

Back