• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Mobo overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stark1

I have an ECS motherboard (P6STM) with an Intel Celeron 850 mhz. I heard that Celerons are made to overclock, so I want to give it a try. Now I know everything about heat issues and stuff, so don't tell me about how dangerous it is and all that crap, I am about to upgrade my mobo and cpu to an AMD Tbird so it's ok if my mobo and cpu gets fried.

Now, in bios the clock settings only go up to 8x100, so I can only set it at 800 mhz total. I had to set the option for hardware defined so it could detect that I had an 850mhz one because I couldn't set it higher than 800 mhz myself. This obviously means that I can't overclock my cpu in bios. So I was wondering if anyone knows the jumpers on the motherboard that would be used to overclock my celeron.

Thanks. :cool:

I doubt you'll get too far with that motherboard; it's pretty much an OEM piece - integrated everything, no useful BIOS options...it's built for the budget, not for overclocking. If there were any overclocking options anywhere on the board, I'd be pretty surprised.

Back