• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc2700 ddr cas too worth 150 bucks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't bite on that. First off, DDR 333 isn't yet the standard, and isn't even really comming out yet (I think iWill has a 333 board, but I'm not sure).

I'd buy some nice Crucial PC2400, and save your money.

Oni said:
I wouldn't bite on that. First off, DDR 333 isn't yet the standard, and isn't even really comming out yet (I think iWill has a 333 board, but I'm not sure).

I'd buy some nice Crucial PC2400, and save your money.

well if thats the case then ill just get Corsair pc2400 cas2. cruical is only cas2.5 if i believe.

Go to pricewatch and click on system memory you will find the same stuff and better for 60-70 dollars.

There are some true pc2700 sticks with 5ns chips that are priced in the seventy dollar range.

Hugo 59 said:
Go to pricewatch and click on system memory you will find the same stuff and better for 60-70 dollars.

There are some true pc2700 sticks with 5ns chips that are priced in the seventy dollar range.

im looking for cas2 tho..

Why? Does your motherboard not allow you to manually set the cas?
My crucial runs at cas 2 without a problem when I set it to use cas 2 in the bios.

it does, but i want memory thats suppose to run at cas2.. even if i save a lil money buying cas2.5 doesnt mean ill get the best performance

PC2700

Using OCZ PC2700 cas 2.5 @ cas 2... Very fast. 256 MB for $60 with thermaltake kit included at PCnation.com or was it Componentauthority.com. Not sure.

Re: PC2700

Arkaime23 said:
Using OCZ PC2700 cas 2.5 @ cas 2... Very fast. 256 MB for $60 with thermaltake kit included at PCnation.com or was it Componentauthority.com. Not sure.

if u have pc2700 why are u running only at 150/300fsb? pc2700 is suppose to be 167/333 mhz

First off, memory speed is not the only factor that limits your FSB. The "electronic personality" of the particular motherboard you are using, quality of the PSU, temperature of components, video card, other PCI bus "add-on' cards, etc, all impact the overclockability of the FSB. When you get above about 140-145 Mhz on the FSB, even within the same make and model of motherboards you will see differences from one manufacturing lot to another. OC is not a cut and dried / Plug-n-Play endeavor. Too many variables in the equation.

Just my honest opinion...

Hoot

Micron has hs ddr memory (DDRII) which can run CAS1.3 @ 266MHz or CAS2.0 @ 333MHz, its the Ultimate PC2700 DDR ram. Although, I wouldnt pay $199.99 Canadian for 256MB Dimm, its up to you!

cheers!:beer:

Back