• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Philly_boy & Cpt planet at Micro Center BYOPC Event June 2nd!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoL

Cpt. Planet and Philly_Boy will be attending this Build-Your-Own-PC event at the North Jersey Micro Center in Paterson NJ in a week from this Saturday...June 2nd. Check out the info here. They have decided to make a run for the front page (top 20) of the 3D Mark 06 ORB at this event.

They'll be assembling my benching rig on a custom Danger Den Torture Rack bearing the Xtreme Systems logo for the event. EVGA has contributed a 680i board that we've volt modded as well as a kickin set of 8800GTX's that we've also volt modded and are scaling quite nicely. We'll have some LN2 cooling on the GFX cards courtesy of Iron Mods and either Chilly1 will have my cascade to me by then or we'll be running a phase driven water chiller for the QX6700 quad core CPU courtesy of myself.Link to see the "Golem" chiller here. Philly also be running a DD supplied water loop for the NB/SB featuring a GTX 240 rad, a D5 pump and DD Maze 4 NB/SB blocks. Corsair will be adding the icing on the cake with a set of their Dominator PC2 10000 2x1gb kits.

I'd love to see a contingent of XS'ers up there to enter this contest and/or hang out for the day. I know Jake (Cpt planet) will be there with a rig (or two) as will INJ Viper, and Phelan1777. Can anyone else make it? Please chime in so I can petition for swag for everyone!!

Philly_Boy will be posting a work log of his progress in assembling the rig, adding in the LN2 pots, testing it out, etc here so stay tuned.

Misplaced this sorry, meant more for just news or talk. Its delayed till the 9th now actually. Its a Micro center event, up in north jersey. Cpt Planet is a bencher and Philly Boy are both benchers and they will be showing off oc'ing to the public, as well as bringing liquid nitrogen and phase along for the ride.

Back