• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 6BA III with celeron 1gz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

Can they go alone no problem? Ok, so i mean can i put a celeron 1.G on this board? I will be using slotket!!!.

Last edited:
yah, I have that board and have used that chip. It was recognized weird, but worked ok and performed as expected.

As I rememeber it called it a Pentium 3 in BIOS...no biggie.

Wow..thanx for the reply, anyway, my b-day is near, although i won't get anything for this X'mas, but who cares if your b-day is near it!!:D

uh......and uh......and uh......It does not work!!! I just got my Silly 1.0, and i popped this little sucker into the board with MS-6905..no boot. Ok, so i simply switch converter's jumper to 100fsb.....nothing again!!!!! So i talked to myself, maybe it is adapter's fault, changed it to celey 500, and it worked like there is no tomorrow:eek: Damn!! am i that misfortune to get a lazy chip that will sleep forever? OH, by the way, before my switch to 500, i tried the same combo on two different boars with no avail.
Monster on Rock, you said that it worked for u right? how do you make it from happening? Did ja flash the bios or something like that? I am really puzzled.....:( Any help is more than welcomed.

urrr? I'm as confused as you are! that is the BX board right? I don't know man!

I had that board and the Celeron 1 ghz for a few days for a freind- I just tossed it in and it just worked! I did use the most recent BIOS for it.....So you're saying it works at 500, on a 66mhz bus ok? But not at 10 x 100FSB?

well I'll look at homeboys' machine and see if I did anything weird to it. I sure hope I did not lead you astray.....if so I really apologize.

Monster of Rock said:
urrr? I'm as confused as you are! that is the BX board right? I don't know man!

I had that board and the Celeron 1 ghz for a few days for a freind- I just tossed it in and it just worked! I did use the most recent BIOS for it.....So you're saying it works at 500, on a 66mhz bus ok? But not at 10 x 100FSB?

well I'll look at homeboys' machine and see if I did anything weird to it. I sure hope I did not lead you astray.....if so I really apologize.

That'z alright, dont be hard on yourself or anything.:) anyway, the reason i ask the question in first place is because highest multipler this board support is 8x...so i am a little suspicious if 1.0 will work or not. In any case, i will simple fool around the board and adapter for a little bit longer before i move on. But the most strange thing is that the combo...(MS adapter and 1.0) does not work on my 815 board...:eek: So maybe it is not board, adapter's fault, but simply got a bad 1.0..i don't know, i have to spend more time on them to figure out. I will let u know.

6BA+ III

I tried a Celeron 566 (8.5 multiplier).
The BIOS set to 8.0 X 95 = 760.
Boot comes up 810 (180.0 X 4.5)And Sandra says it's running at 810.

Can't do 850 for you as this CPU needs 1.7v to get there and 6BA+ III only gives me 1.65v @ +10%.

So your 1GHz should say something like (200.0 X 5.0)

My BIOS date is 2/14/2000
and ID's as 6BA+ III-2BA2

Re: 6BA+ III

hallen said:
I tried a Celeron 566 (8.5 multiplier).
The BIOS set to 8.0 X 95 = 760.
Boot comes up 810 (180.0 X 4.5)And Sandra says it's running at 810.

Can't do 850 for you as this CPU needs 1.7v to get there and 6BA+ III only gives me 1.65v @ +10%.

So your 1GHz should say something like (200.0 X 5.0)

My BIOS date is 2/14/2000
and ID's as 6BA+ III-2BA2

i have to say, I cannot boot at all, i cannot even reach bios. This thing does not move a bit, so there is no way for me to fool around the bios to make it going. :mad: :mad:

Can't you use your 500 to check your BIOS?

And are we talking the same board. 6BA III and 6BA+ III or both 6BA+ III?

If your is a 6BA III without the + then there could be a problem getting down to
1.5v-1.65v range.

hallen said:
Can't you use your 500 to check your BIOS?

And are we talking the same board. 6BA III and 6BA+ III or both 6BA+ III?

If your is a 6BA III without the + then there could be a problem getting down to
1.5v-1.65v range.

It is a SY-6BA+III with newest BIOS, not 6BA III. :eek: And it still mother f@_@k don't boot!! Anyway, one strange thing is that the combo (MS adapter + Silly1.0) does not work on my Abit 815 board! uh..there must be something wrong. I will return the chip and replace a new. I will let u guys.

hallen said:
Sounds like Slot one adapter may be the culprit. I'm using an Abit Sloket III.
I think you're getting close.

Good luck

Guess what? i ordered a Slotet!!!, and they sent me a MS adapter. Anyway, i am not sure if it is adapter's fault or not, have to check it after i got my replacement.

I don't know the MSI but the Abit has a jumper for CPU type selection
PPGA 370/Coppermine. If the MSI works with your 500 maybe it just needs a jumper for your 1GHz.

Everything else you have is the same as mine I don't think there is any difference between the 566 and 1GHz Celeron.

this MS 6905 adapter comes with three jumpers for 66, 100, and 133fsb. So logically, it should support Cuppermine, otherwise, why even bother to put 100 or even 133 jumpers on, right? thanks for the reply all, appricated.
P.s. If the replacement should fail, then i will call the damn company to send me a Slotket!!!.

Man, i got a "Dual" version, not "Master," and i place a PIII 800EB on it, not moving at all.:mad: I will call the company after i finishing writing. Thanks for ur pic and anything.

Last time I looked,(about 4-5 days ago) azzo.com had some Asus slotkets for $29 if you want to buy retail and take no chances on getting faulty equipment.

Back