• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Penny Arcade Expo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dotyer

Registered
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured this was the closest match.

I just moved to Seattle about a month ago. Being from New York I did not know what was available to me in the Seattle area besides the Experience Music Project. I just found out that the Penny Arcade Expo happens in August and is basically 20 minutes away from my apartment. God I hope I can make it as I haven’t been to a convention that big yet. It looks like a really good time.

I’ll admit that I have dabbled in roleplaying in the past and liked it. I saw this and thought that it looked pretty cool. A chance for players to be a major deciding factor in how the game is run sounds pretty revolutionary to me. Maybe I’ll catch a glimpse of it if I make it to PAX.

Man, I hope I can make it. Anyone else live in the Seattle area?

Last edited:
It doesn't look like anyone really cared. :(

I've been spending some of my free time contributing to TerraDrive. I'm not knowledgeable enough to make up the rules, but I've had fun adding new content like Armor and Weapons. If anyone here likes to write creatively, I would suggest you check it out because it looks like they really need some intelligent nerds.

TerraDrive FAQ & Rules Wiki

Edit the Contents

It's so original I'd really like to see it succeed.

well its actually in the wrong place.

You really should of put it in O/C Community.

There's a few people that live in the seattle area that are at these forums. I myself live in tacoma.

As for the penny arcade expo its very well known around here.

there's a very close group of gamers over at LPNW (lan party northwest)

http://www.lanpartynw.com/forumse/index.php?topic=10804.0

i suggest looking over that thread, BigRed and most of them go every year, my name on that forums is Spiked if you have any questions lemme know.

Whoops, I don't know why I thought Software was a good place to put this. Maybe a moderator could move it for me. Plz.

I don't think I can make it to PAX this year since I'm poor from moving from New York, I don't know anyone here yet, and I just sold my PC.

Next year I am going to try damn hard to get there though as I am always ready for some tournaments for UT2K4 and many other games. I'll have to make sure to get a SFF PC as I am so not carrying a full-sized tower there. I imagine the register/checking in process is pretty intense with all the people that show up.

PAX is pretty awesome, I was a steadicam operator last year at PAX for the nerdcore rising group. All I can say is that tons of things to do there. I couldn't believe how packed it was in that convention center. I heard they're holding it in seattle convention center this year. If you can make it, i highly recommend it.

Back