• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 6BA+100 slot 1 multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timbuk2

I have a 6BA+100 w/450 PIII and want to go to the fastest 100 fsb PIII that will work. The highest multiplier in BIOS is 8.0, will an 850 PIII or 1000 PIII work? Thanks, Tim

Yep. It doesn't matter what the multiplier is unless you have an engineering sample, which would probably obtained by illegal means. As long as your board supprts the rated FSB, it'll be fine

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the information, I just wish I had it a few days ago! The Slot1 PIII's are disappearing fast from the online retailers but I've an 850 on the way.
Thanks, Tim

You could have also gotten 1 of the cD0 flip chip 1000E procs anf used a slotket. They overclock real well, a lot better than the slot1 1000E procs. I've had both and the cD0 1000E rulez, man.

I agree that you should have gotten a slotket + 1gig cD0 Celly. Like I've mentioned in another post the cooling is hard to find for Slot 1 that is actually cooling the chip!

Here's the story

I had considered getting a slot converter and a flip chip but decided to stay with a slot 1. If I had known about this forum when I first started shopping for a new processor a couple of weeks ago I might have gone the other way. I started looking for the PIII 850 knowing that Mwave sold it bundled with this board at one time but didn't realize that the highest multiplier in manual bios set-up was 8.0 until a couple of days ago. I've had six orders canceled because of out-of-stock in two weeks and the selection has dwindled away in that time. It's looking like I now have two 850's coming because one that canceled sent a shipped e-mail the day after cancelling! They're selling for $30 more on e-bay than what I'm paying so I'll sell one there. If I knew I could get a new 1000E cdo I might sell both of the 850's, but they are even harder to find.
Thanks, Tim

Back