• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Xp reinstall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sooner03

Registered
Well one of my hard drives failed on me the other day. So i bought another drive this morning. I'll send the other one in on warranty. I recreated my raid array with 420 GB R0 and 20GB R1. Whenever i go to install windows Xp home; it loads all of the files it needs, and then whenever it says starting Windows. I get a BSOD. The following Stop code was listed 0x0000007b (0xf78D663c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I've tried installing windows with the raid arrays, single sata drives, and nothing has worked. I get the same error everytime at the same place. I dont know what else to do. I also went back to stock speeds on the processor. Any ideas?

Update: Well i was able to install Vista Home Premium. I wasn't quite ready to upgrade, but i guess i have no choice. Could it be possible that since last time i had to call Microsoft to get a authorization key, that something happened to my cd? *stupid though probably* It said i had reached my limit on installs with one cd. Guess i'll play around with Vista for awhile.

Yes, it is possible the CD developed problems. I've had that experience with both XP and XP64. At least with those two I found it was legal to make a backup copy of each. I've started doing that and using the backup if I need to reinstall. Don't know what the restrictions are on Vista but suggest you go the backup copy route if you can -- keep the original as protected as possible. :beer:

Back