• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 Help Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

I just put together a new desktop (Q6600, xfx 680i A+ edition, 2 Geforce 8800ultra's, 850watt Rosewill , 4GB Crucial DDR2 800) and I was wondering if anyone had experience with a similar setup and RAM settings.

I was thinking of just 4-4-4-12 2t @ 2.2V but I'd like other peoples opinions on this, I don't want to give it too much voltage and possibly damage them, but if I can squeeze out more speed thats always niice :p

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks :sn:

Arent they rated for that much voltage... I think those settings sound just fine and I am almost positive they are rated for 2.2 volts so you shouldnt have to worry about giving them to much voltage.

Yeah I thought the 2.2v was normal but the BIOS had it default at 1.85 or something and 5-5-5-15....silly BIOS

I guess I'll try to lower the timings, maybe get 1t, who knows.

If you're going to be running only 400mhz then I'm sure you could get the timings down to 3-3-3-9. If you keep the CAS4 timings you can most likely push those sticks well passed 500mhz. 2.3v is fine for 24/7 use but I do suggest strapping an 80mm fan to them because they tend to get pretty darn hot.

In most cases, RAM is designed to boot at timings that are more relaxed than it is capable, in order to increase compatibility with a greater number of boards so the fact it booted at those relaxed timings should be of no concern.

You should be able to tighten the timings and with a 680 chipset based board, even run 1T, although usually that is not available once you start ramping up the clock speeds.

Thanks guys for the quick response, definitely helped.

I think I'll keep the stock speeds but try 3-3-3-9 and maybe 1t if possible.

Yep, those sticks default to that, definetly at least make it 2.2v and 4-4-4-12. I've actually heard of some people having troubles running them at 1.8v.

I have 2 GB of that very same ram. It's good stuff.

2 Ultra's? Wow $$$ bags.

Mine do 500 with 4-4-4-12 2.2v, at 400 and 4-4-4-12 they run at less voltage around 2.0v, possibly even less.

meionm said:
Mine do 500 with 4-4-4-12 2.2v, at 400 and 4-4-4-12 they run at less voltage around 2.0v, possibly even less.
Hey, thank's for the vdimm drop info. I've been tweaking and had my
Team Group running 922Mhz. @4-4-4-10-14-2t @2.2v. Just lowered them to
2.15v. Completely stable after 2 super pi & windows usable memtest at the
same time.....0 errors, can most likely try even lower later on!:D

Back