• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot figure out this problem - Links redirected to tkqlhce.com??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
So any time I go to slickdeals.net and click on the Dell Vostro links, I get redirected to tkqlhce.com/click...... blah blah...

here's an example (spaces between http so you can see full link):
h t t p://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1225267-10466193?sid=sduidp0t0&url=http%3A%2F%2Flt.dell.com%2Flt%2Flt.aspx%3FACD%3D%25za-%25zp-%25zs%26CID%3D7421%26LID%3D197378%26DGC%3DBF%26DGSeg%3DBSD%26DGSite%3DBF%26DURL%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fconfigure.us.dell.com%252Fdellstore%252Fconfig.aspx%253Fc%253Dus%2526cs%253D04%2526kc%253D6W300%2526l%253Den%2526oc%253Dbqdwj2j%2526s%253Dbsd

Dell Vostro deal at slickdeals.net: Link
^I go there, then I click on Vostro 1400 link in post#2. If I click on the "Vostro 1400" link that's in the sentence before this one, I'll get redirected to that retarded tkqlhce link... here is the hyperlink that I'm redirected FROM.... http://slickdeals.net/?pno=9863&lno=2&afsrc=1

Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 both do the same crap. I even disabled my anti-virus (Kaspersky) to see if that was affecting, and it made no difference.

There's definitely something I can't find on my PC, and nothing has been detected. What do I do? :( :( I ran registry mechanic and kaspersky, and things seem to be fine. If I remote desktop to my file-server, the links work fine from that PC, so it's definitely some virus or something...

Thanks in advance. (I'm tired of formatting, i've done so a billion times lately, and i was hoping last week was my last time before i could finally create an image with acronis... i'm ****ed)

i'm gonna try ad-aware 6.0
that's all i got...

just ran ad-aware 6.0 and it found 5 objects... quarantined 'em, and still no go! :(

dicecca112 said:
run microsoft antispyware it finds more than adaware. Could by your HOST File as well. Links work fine for me.
where is MS antispy? =/
and what host file...

thx

p.s. downloaded spybot 1.4, ran it, cleaned some stuff up... problem still here.

dicecca112 said:
run microsoft antispyware it finds more than adaware. Could by your HOST File as well. Links work fine for me.
whawhawhat? I used adaware, spybot, and MS antispyware, and whether I run the MS one first or last it always finds the least.

god i hate spyware/adware/viruses...lol
id basically run any antivurus,antispyware,antiadware progs you can get your hands on.

eaglescouter said:
Taking a look at your hosts file is not a bad idea.

Although I am un-impressed by microsoft antispyware as a tool.
not sure what's meant by hosts file and what to do if i find it...

and... how do i use the ms antispyware anyway?

Search your Windows folder & subfolders for HOSTS

It is a text file that you can open with notepad. Check to see if there are any extra entries in there. Here's a default HOSTS file...

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

Hosts file:

Browse to C, windows, system32, drivers, etc, hosts (yes etc is the name of a folder, and hosts has no file extension)

Here is an article about using a special hosts file to improve your web experience:
http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

At a minimum you want to open your current hosts file (using notepad) and see if there are any redirects listed there.

Example would be an entry like:

google.com 69.20.37.110

This would redirect your computer each time you try to go to google and instead you would end up at ocforums.com

g0dM@n said:
not sure what's meant by hosts file and what to do if i find it...

and... how do i use the ms antispyware anyway?

just run it like any other antispyware tool. Select what drive/folders etc you want to scan and start.

g0dM@n said:
how do i use the ms antispyware anyway?

It comes in two packages.

A) Windows Defender - a program you install and run similar to Spybot Search & Destroy.

B) Let you computer Autoupdate, then you will get a version that runs without any user action.

eaglescouter said:
Hosts file:

Browse to C, windows, system32, drivers, etc, hosts (yes etc is the name of a folder, and hosts has no file extension)

Here is an article about using a special hosts file to improve your web experience:
http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

At a minimum you want to open your current hosts file (using notepad) and see if there are any redirects listed there.

Example would be an entry like:

google.com 69.20.37.110

This would redirect your computer each time you try to go to google and instead you would end up at ocforums.com

all i see in there is this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

....so nothing fishy in there...

dicecca112 said:
just run it like any other antispyware tool. Select what drive/folders etc you want to scan and start.
is MS antispyware just windows defender? if so, already tried it.

El<(')>Maxi said:
It comes in two packages.

A) Windows Defender - a program you install and run similar to Spybot Search & Destroy.

B) Let you computer Autoupdate, then you will get a version that runs without any user action.

just tried defender and nothing detected.

Italidonian said:
i think the best spyware program out there is Ad-Aware 2007. As long as you select "Deep Scan" it catches pretty much everything.
Just downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 from here
using it as freeware.
running a scan now... so far nothing has been detected by spybot, adaware 6.0, windows defender, and looking at the host file.

let's hope adaware 2007 does the trick. :(

Back