• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista - High CPU/Memory Usage - Can't Find

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
I've checked my task manager, I can see it saying like 98% System Idle Process, while at the exact same time down in CPU Usage i'm seeing 48%. I have been unsuccessful in discovering what is causing this, even with stopping and starting each service I possibly can one at a time.

Help!

EDIT 1: Searched, downloaded and opened up Process Explorer. Hardware Interrupts are what is spiking my CPU. I checked the device manager and notice that I have 4 ATA channels 0 and channels 1. 1 of each are yellow with "unable to start"

EDIT 2: Turns out its my Network Card drives. Reinstalled them and it went down. Fixing to restart to see if it persists in staying down.

EDIT 3: Still the same! I restart and it spikes up again. I am pulling out my hair here. I even tried a different wireless card (first was a belkin F5D7000 using the RALink RT2500 drivers, second is a belkin F5D8000 using the compatibility mode to install)

Last edited:
Back