• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to run some .exe's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

komm

I've been trying to run a razer mouse acceleration fix and the half open connection modifier (both .exe) and neither will run on Windows XP Media Center SP2. Nothing pops up at all to verify the program is actually running. I've got AVG on this computer, but disabled it and removed all the running tasks via task manager and was still unable to get the programs running. I booted up in safe mode and ran the programs and received the same problem. I did a quick search on the forums and was unable to find anything, so I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. Mouse acceleration is slaying what I'm used to in FPS and the half open connection limit is slaying the use of any p2p or torrents.

The NX-bit on AMD64 and EM64T processors. It's in Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance>Data Execution Prevention

im currently having issues on a laptop and not my home computer so the specs would be wrong, but i checked out the DEP and it's currently set to "essential windows programs and services only". The only other selection is all programs except those i select.

Back