• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 8gb @ 540mhz\DDR1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

I just got these sticks 4x2gb and just started playing around. 8gb is really stressing the board's memeory controller. I can get each set to 575\DDR1150
but with both sets installed the board wont boot at 550\ddr1100 at the same volts. Also they cost so much I am scared to really give them some volts. :)

Anyway this is where I got them so far @ 2.25 volts in the bios, memtested all night and superPi32 stable:

Attachments

• 8540pic.jpg
    8540pic.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 421
Thanks, I just downloaded memset3.3 beta2 which works with the P35 chipset so now to do some tweaking.

Yeah, I've been considering getting 8gb ram... very costly, but I'm sure vista + oblivion will love it... But that system of yours is amazing... I do hope you get enough gaming in on it and not just overclocking...

Overclocking, gaming, C# and Java development(I work in a hybird shop)
plus SQl2005 which eats up 2.5 gig just starting up.

Okay I got them up to 562.5 this morning by upping the voltage to 2.4.

Attachments

• 8gb562valid.jpg
    8gb562valid.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 376
Yes two 80mm fans blowing on them. I am really not comfortable running them any higher than 2.25 so thats where I will run them 24/7. I just wanted to see if they had some more in them:)

mgoode said:
I just wanted to see if they had some more in them:)
I would say in that case stick it into the highest voltage it would go, but I know if the ram fries your screwed. That stuff is anything but cheap. And sucky. Nice job.

my supertalent is rated to run at 2.2volts, i can pump it up to 2.3-2.4 safely but it does get hot to the touch.

mgoode said:
one mortgage payment;) so I wont be buying any new toys for awhile!!

I believe 8GB will be efficient for quite a while. Currently 2GB is the sweet spot and enthusiasts, 4GB is the spot. 8GB will not be bothering you for QUITE some time!

Great results :beer:

Back