• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

click noise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOO

ok so u know the click noise on internet explorer when u click a link? how come i hear it when my computer is at idle? is somewhat annoying it doesnt do it repeatedly just im gonna guess 15 minutes? . i dont use internet explorer as my browser i use firefox, that clicking noise is gettin annoying.

You could always just disable the sound under Control Panel-->Sound-->"Sounds" tab | Highlight Start Navigation under Programs-->Windows Explorer, and select "None" in the Sounds: drop-down menu.

Hah, I had this happen once... it ****ed me off soooo badly...Think I ended up just disabling the sound all togeather like mentioned above, the formatted a bit later, but ermm yeah, never really found the cause.

Hmm...I remember getting something like this on a computer not connected to the internet. It was rather annoying, but I also never figured out the cause.

I actually disabled all my windows sounds ages ago :p I really don't need to hear that "click" of IE or the "boink" of a dialogue box etc... Have not missed them at all. Funny when I am on a different PC though, the sounds kinda freak me out cause I am not expecting them - LOL

Well if you have left IE open while your system is idle here are a few things that could be potentially the following:

- if your logged into a site such as email [gmail/yahoo/comcast] usually they refresh every so often and you hear that clicking sound.

- site that refresh every so often, esp those with ads etc.

so its not a virus or anything like that. just check the sites your logged into.

Back