• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair's 2400C2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Outstanding line of memory. Proven to be good time and time again. Good for oc'ing etc.

Only thing i can add is look into Kingmax 512 sticks of 5ns ram.
I havn't seen anyone posting ram scores on them yet, but its worth a look. 1 of these could possibly outperform all 3 of those.
Reason is you are only using 1 RAM bank. Depending on your mobo, the 512 are double sided.
If Im wrong here please wack me upside the head.

That stick I popped? Got a new one now....back up to 768mb. CL2 PC2400 Corsair is awesome RAM. At 142FSB I have yet to even push it hard.

donny_paycheck said:
That stick I popped? Got a new one now....back up to 768mb. CL2 PC2400 Corsair is awesome RAM. At 142FSB I have yet to even push it hard.

well pc2400 is suppose to run 150fsb, so thats why they wouldnt push hard..

Dissolved said:

well pc2400 is suppose to run 150fsb, so thats why they wouldnt push hard..

Which is why I'd reccomend it for ocing. They make PC2700 too (OCZ does) but as far as I've seen it's only rated CL2.5.

donny_paycheck said:

Which is why I'd reccomend it for ocing. They make PC2700 too (OCZ does) but as far as I've seen it's only rated CL2.5.

i heard ocz sucks.. they havent returned my emails either :(
i want cas 2-2-2 if possible, so ill probly just get corsair's pc2400.. i wont get much from my tbrid anyways.. altho 1700 would be nice..

I have 2 sticks of 256MB Corsair PC2400 RAM. Works very nice indeed!
Saw something in this thread about double sided? Well, the 256MB Corsair are double sided too.
I can run it at 150MHz easily at the highest mem settings.
Cas 2-2-2 and the other two at 5-7 (forgot what they were called). Bank interleaving is at 4.
I'm very happy about the sticks.

I personally think that the story about one stick OCing better than 2 or more is crap. OKay, heat maybe, but so what? Just get better cooling I think?

freshy98 said:
I have 2 sticks of 256MB Corsair PC2400 RAM. Works very nice indeed!
Saw something in this thread about double sided? Well, the 256MB Corsair are double sided too.
I can run it at 150MHz easily at the highest mem settings.
Cas 2-2-2 and the other two at 5-7 (forgot what they were called). Bank interleaving is at 4.
I'm very happy about the sticks.

I personally think that the story about one stick OCing better than 2 or more is crap. OKay, heat maybe, but so what? Just get better cooling I think?

Speaking of better cooling, the Corsairs I got came w/heat spreaders on 'em already. I got them here at Spartan Technologies. Cheapest on pricewatch at the time. They work great!

Taylor said:
the corsair's good but you can get good stuff cheap now, look at the kingmax or mushkin.

ddr prices are rasied heavly the past 3 weeks, i migth wait a while to buy new memory, till maybe some good pc2700 cas 222 comes out if it will ever..

donny_paycheck said:

Speaking of better cooling, the Corsairs I got came w/heat spreaders on 'em already. I got them here at Spartan Technologies. Cheapest on pricewatch at the time. They work great!

newegg.com is cheaper right now..

Dissolved said:

ddr prices are rasied heavly the past 3 weeks, i migth wait a while to buy new memory, till maybe some good pc2700 cas 222 comes out if it will ever..

I would by Twinmos PC2100 or PC2700 (the same module, different pricetag :) )

Umekami10 in sweclockers.com's forum have gotten them to 225fsb cas 2.5 That's quite good, hehehehe :) It wasn't stable at 225fsb but it worked, that shows how far they can go.

/OC&Burn

Back