• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some new DDR1 PC3200 Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey,

I currently have some crucial ballistix pc3200, its a 1GB kit (2x512) that I have had for maybe a year and a half. Lately I have been getting some odd crashes and errors, files getting corrupt, random stuff. I decided to test the ram to see if it was the problem. I ran memtest overnight and on the 21st pass it got like 900 errors.

So I'm assuming that has been my problem. Now I need to replace the 2 sticks, I want something good just like the ballistix. I know I'm buying into old technology but its cheaper than replacing everything.

Can anyone reccomend some good, not too expensive, pc 3200 sticks. Probably gonna stick with 1GB unless theres a good deal on 1 2GB kit.

Thanks

I think I should be able to tell you that theres some in the classies right now if you have access.

Yeah I just looked, theres a lot there, any in particular you think look like a bargain?

DDR ram is cheap as hell now... I was trying to sell my gskill 2gb kit for $60... no body wanted it... hah, I had just paid about $240 for it a year and half ago. Meh, but you should be able to find some good deals on ebay, just look around, and given that ram almost always has a lifetime warrenty, no need to worry of defects...

Yeah, I thought my crucial ballistix had a limited 1 year warranty but I talked to crucial and they say its a lifetime warranty :D

So I'm just going to RMA my deffective ram.

Nevalite said:
Yeah, I thought my crucial ballistix had a limited 1 year warranty but I talked to crucial and they say its a lifetime warranty :D

So I'm just going to RMA my deffective ram.

Even cheaper than the best prices. :)

Have you run tests on it? Run Prime95 and memtest86 to see if the RAM is crapping out on you. I wouldn't spend ANY money until you track down the problem first.

EDIT: Oh sorry missed the prime95 errors. Ok well then go ahead and RMA it. No point buying new RAM that is DDR anymore. You either want to hang onto what you have or move to the DDR2 platform.

JamesXP said:
Them kingston value rams, Good clockers. as posted could be CH5/bh5
I cant say anything based on its OCing performance, but I could say Kingston is stable as hell. Ive used it in two or three computers and havent seen a stick die or cause problems. (lets see, 3. One 512mb stick in a laptop, another 512mb stick in my old computer, and a 256mb stick in my sisters.)

Back