• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which audio would be better quality?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelly Keyboard

Registered
Hi all I want to rip some audio of a music dvd.

Which way would be better:

a) Play the DVD and record "What U Hear" in Audacity and then export it to mp3. However, this is a real-time process and rather fiddly when you want to reip the audio for 8 tracks off 1 DVD.

b) Use AutoGk to rip the audio to 320KB/ps CBR mp3 audio, then import that entire file into Audacity and then trim out the parts I don't need. Lossy to lossy - this is bad right as I will lose some qaulity

Or... would would be the best way to convert the dvd audio to mp3 with minimal quality loss.

Kelly Keyboard said:
Hi all I want to rip some audio of a music dvd.

Which way would be better:

a) Play the DVD and record "What U Hear" in Audacity and then export it to mp3. However, this is a real-time process and rather fiddly when you want to reip the audio for 8 tracks off 1 DVD.

b) Use AutoGk to rip the audio to 320KB/ps CBR mp3 audio, then import that entire file into Audacity and then trim out the parts I don't need. Lossy to lossy - this is bad right as I will lose some qaulity

Or... would would be the best way to convert the dvd audio to mp3 with minimal quality loss.

Well, first let me express my concerns with this.

Doing that with copyrighted material may be illegal...so it depends on WHAT your trying to record...

The first one (a) would be ok.

Not sure on the others though.

thideras said:
Well, first let me express my concerns with this.

Doing that with copyrighted material may be illegal...so it depends on WHAT your trying to record...

The first one (a) would be ok.

Not sure on the others though.

Long as he's not distributing it, it shouldn't be a problem.

(damn its been a while since I've posted here)

Back