• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Southern California overclockers meeting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I'm wondering how many overclockers we have here in southern California, and how many of them would be interested in an overclockers meeting and possibly an overclockers lan party!

I have an uncle that has a banquet hall, maybe I can ask him to let me have it at a discount and then I would redistribute the cost amongst everyone... I think he charges around 750 or something ( i could be way off ) so if we could get 100 people that would only be $7.5 each! And this place is huge, I think we could fit like 200+ people and have one big huge lanparty!

On the other hand, if you're an overclocker with a huge area where you can fit a lot of people, let me know... I'm sure everyone would gladly compensate you for electricity...

Also, I think we should also socialize any damage done to the place (meaning if someone breaks something, we all pay for it collectively), that way people would be extra careful not to break stuff and trash the place... hmm, maybe we need a few overclocker bouncers to volunteer their time... anyone acting an *** would be kicked out immediately...

Aww... the So Cal forum guys are great. I met some of them before on the last meet but a lot of our plans fell through because the forums were down that entire weekend LOL

Anyways, don't worry about trashing (I don't know about the new guys) but when we met during the summer of 2003, they were a class act. We went to Disneyland!

I'm in the SoCal area, and my family owns a cabin up in Big Bear if anyone thinks that would be an acceptable location. It's a nice big place with 3 bedrooms, a gameroom, a den, and a kitchen/dining room. Plenty of room for a few desks, routers, and towers.

EDIT: Haha, just read more of your post, definately not enough room for hundreds. Maybe like 15.

there was supposed to be one like last year or two years ago here in san diego but that fell through.. i'd show up to this one

Yeah probably not. I don't know anyone out here thats into this stuff. Thats why its kinda interesting to find out if there are others, that way I don't feel like as big of a freak of nature :p

I'm in the SoCal area, and my family owns a cabin up in Big Bear if anyone thinks that would be an acceptable location. It's a nice big place with 3 bedrooms, a gameroom, a den, and a kitchen/dining room. Plenty of room for a few desks, routers, and towers.

EDIT: Haha, just read more of your post, definately not enough room for hundreds. Maybe like 15.

Oooh is it a log cabin type place?

Back