• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i disable Vista's need for signed drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeAd_Poisoning

How can i make Vista allow me to install unsigned drivers, i am the administrator as well. Vista 64 will not allow me to install any driver un-signed, please help

there's a thread on these forums about that, you have to execute a command via DOS.

seek and ye shall find.

Like torin3 mentioned, the command needs to be run w/ Administrative privileges (Right click the Command Prompt shortcut in the Start menu, and select "Run as Administrator). In addition, you may need to replace the - in the command... bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS w/ a forward slash:

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

... or as linked to above, you could try disabling it via the Group Policy Editor: Start | Run | Type gpedit.msc, and click OK | Expand the following branch...

User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System | Driver Installation

In the RH pane right click the "Code signing for drivers" setting--> Properties | Under the "Setting" tab select the "Ignore" radio button. And like jrafael mentioned above, VistaBootPro can accomplish the same thing by editing the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.

Last edited:
LeAd_Poisoning said:
none of this stuff worked

Ok, you are running the shell/dos window as administrator?

Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt?

You are right clicking on it and choosing run as an Administrator?

Or when you open it, you hit Ctrl-Shift-Enter to switch it to run as Administrator?

If these comments aren't making sense, I can post screen shots when I get home. (I'm on XP here at work)

What are the error messages you are getting?

Back