• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apache HTTP Server Port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

So it seems like my isp is blocking port 80. I know I can change the config file to have the server listen on a different port, but I access it using a free domain from dyndns.org, so if I change the port, people will have to add the port number at the end. Is there any way around this?

Are you sure they block it? If you are behind a router, just forward the port to the PC. That should do it.

If you have confirmed it as blocked, you can't do much more than offer it on a difference port, or have a forwarding page elsewhere.

does dyndns.org offer a web redirect? no-ip.com offers that service, basically, a request comes in to yourname.com (port 80), no-ip forwards it to the port you have chosen on your end...there really isnt any lag from it either, i have all my websites set up that way, so i can run several sites from different ports, without running virtual servers

Cheator said:
Are you sure they block it? If you are behind a router, just forward the port to the PC. That should do it.

If you have confirmed it as blocked, you can't do much more than offer it on a difference port, or have a forwarding page elsewhere.
its already forwarded

does dyndns.org offer a web redirect? no-ip.com offers that service, basically, a request comes in to yourname.com (port 80), no-ip forwards it to the port you have chosen on your end...there really isnt any lag from it either, i have all my websites set up that way, so i can run several sites from different ports, without running virtual servers
Thanks I'll try that

Back