• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Icon help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcticPenguin

I have an icon issue, seems rather simple, i believe ive ran into it before and fixed it but forgot, so kinda wanted to get an opinion and knowledge on how to fix it and maybe figure why it changed =\

here are the programs im using.
Dreamweaver8
IE7
WinXP PRO SP2

when ever i save a html document from Dreamweaver or from an IM conversation it should show the HTML Icon [the white page with the IE logo above it.] but no it just shows the shortcut logo to launch IE7 and it gets confusing thinking having all these IE7 shortcuts everywhere lol.

im not sure if theres a preference or cache to change it backt o default?

i havent tried using System Mechanic or CCleaner yet will those help?
i know i fixed it before just by a simple adjustment.

thanks for help in advanced!

Start | Run | Type control folders, and click OK | "File Types" tab | Scroll down the list and select the HTM file type | "Advanced" button--> click "Change Icon" | Type in the file name... %Programfiles%\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE | Select the 2nd icon (Icon index number is 1) from the list | OK your way out of the dialog.

hm im not seeing it....does anyone have a screen cap of the default IE7 HTML AND HTM icon? they both changed to the IE7 shortcut looking Icon

i just hope my system wasnt tampered with, it happened after i unmounted an external drive hm...

thanks in advanced and i appreciate the assistance again =)

I'm not sure why you can't see the HTM File Type in the "File Types" list. Instead, download the "HTM/HTML Associations" fix (restores the default associations for htm/html files) from Doug Knox's site here...

Windows XP File Association Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

... then extract and merge the included *.reg file into your registry.

Back