• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista Bluescreens!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

I've been using 64 bit business vista since April without problems. I've been using the same drivers and haven't had any problems with them, it was very very stable before the last few weeks. Unfortunately, it seems like every day when I come home windows is sitting at the login screen after an automatic restart. IIRC, at the bluescreen, it was STOP ERROR: 0x0000007f. I didn't see any words after that to help explain it at all. I haven't had any luck trying to research the errors, maybe someone can help me out. I was hoping to get a good weekend of SETI as I went away for the weekend, but man this is annoying.

Here's a screenshot of it.

I doubt it's heat related, it was way hotter in my room earlier in the summer than it is now with the AC on.

thanks

(holy huge pic batman)

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 137
run a few anti-virus/spy ware/any other "ware" programs and also check your registry for consistency

also... what is your current setup for that machine as it may be a problem with that

and what are your temps?

Look like you had a DHCP error as well. Also, check the problem solutions tab

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 134
No solutions found. I'm running seti@home right now, 65C on both cores.

[email protected]
p5b deluxe
patriot ddr2 800 1:1 4-4-4-12

I'm checking my registry and doing a virus scan now. I also turned my AC up higher to possibly rule out heat.

I got home about an hour ago and had to log in to windows, pretty soon after starting up seti@home again I got the blue screen. It seems like it might be a cpu or ram problem.

Normally most desktop apps will easily run with a 65°C CPU temp but might not when running a computationally intense distributed client such as folding at home. I imagine seti will stress your CPU just as much.

Try to keep your loaded temps below 60°C

DanFraser said:
Woah, that's a heat issue. Tech specs define it as about 62c max for the c2d's.
62*c Tcase... or top of the IHS... the temp read by say TAT or coretemp is the pcb junction temp which is one of the hottest part of the cores.

*update*

I lowered vcore by .125 (I can't remember, cpu-z says its at 1.32) at the cost of 8fsb. I was gone all weekend and had my a/c off, and even with room temperature of 85F, it's still stable!

The performance gains to be had past the knee of the curve is seldom worth the hassle and potential hazards to the hardware.

Benchmarkers won't think so :-/

Back