• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP64 v Vista 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gigacloud

I seem to be recieving alot of warnings from people informing me that vista 64 is a resource hog and that their systems are running slower under vista.

What are peoples experiences with vista??

well i used XP64 for around a year and a half and i loved it. i have now been using vista x64 ultimate (cheers for having friends at MS) for 2 months and its one great OS. everything runs just fine and as long as you have a pretty good system im sure it will be the same for you.

one thing is vista boots faster for me then xp did even with my 5 harddrives and 2 dvd drives

SpoonMaN said:
well i used XP64 for around a year and a half and i loved it. i have now been using vista x64 ultimate (cheers for having friends at MS) for 2 months and its one great OS. everything runs just fine and as long as you have a pretty good system im sure it will be the same for you.

one thing is vista boots faster for me then xp did even with my 5 harddrives and 2 dvd drives

People have informed me that there are more sytem apps running in the background????????

+1 for Vista x64 Ultimate Im running it on my laptop at the moment. An older Dell XPS with no problems what so ever.

I have run both and Vista 64 is the better choice. Plus it will be getting more and more support over the years while XP64 is going to be losing what little support it did have.

Back