• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista connection problem(ish)??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mofei1

atm i'm running vista 64 ultimate with the system in my sig. i'm using a belkin wireless usb adaptor with 64bit drivers from the belkin website connected to my netgear router. it seems in vista that every 12 hours or so, the internet seems to kinda stop working. when this happens, i can still talk to ppl on msn and my torrents continue to download, but non of the browsers can open any web pages. i tried using the repair function vista has, but this doesnt fix ne thing, i also tried disconnection from the router and still doesnt work. the only solution to this problem is to restart the computer which can be a pain in the a**. ne one with a similar problem?? if u know how to resolve this please feel free to post it here :p

many thanks!

yeah ive had the same problems for a while now, Ive found a workaround but not sure if itll fix your problem. Anyway go into network connections->then right click and go to properties, untick anything that pertains to IPv6, ive been told that the new IP stack hasnt been completely implemented yet and can cause problems, i did this and it deff does stop most of my problems with having to reboot. Anyway lemme know if it helps its worth a shot.

Rilian said:
yeah ive had the same problems for a while now, Ive found a workaround but not sure if itll fix your problem. Anyway go into network connections->then right click and go to properties, untick anything that pertains to IPv6, ive been told that the new IP stack hasnt been completely implemented yet and can cause problems, i did this and it deff does stop most of my problems with having to reboot. Anyway lemme know if it helps its worth a shot.

i tried this last nite and atm so far so good. thnks :attn:

Last edited:
Back