• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

freeware to burn iso (bonus: in vista)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
hi all,

i really don't feel like buying some crappy roxio software that puts 1000 auto starts on my system. Does anyone know of a freeware that doesn't involve a lot of tweaking to get running

thanks

CDBurnerXP Pro. Not sure if it works in Vista (it might), but is EXTREMELY nice in XP.

imgburn. Probably one of the handiest programs for burning/creating an image or data cd/dvd.

Dvd decrypter for me... i have always used it for burning ISO's dvd and cd oens... and its a single program.

Another vote for ImgBurn. Basically, it picks up where DVD Decrypter left off with a plethora of new features. Excellent software indeed.

I use ISO Recorder in XP, but there is a version for Vista also. Can't say how well it works in Vista since I don't have it, but the XP version does everything I want from it.

nd4spdbh2 said:
ooo really... ill have to look into that program
It is THE best burning program I have used to date :). You can write ISOs, burn then, read from discs, etc. Its free, works with vista, and just totally kicks ***.

I use InfraRecorder on all but one of my PCs at home, replacing Nero. It burns about everything and is completely free.

Yet another vote for imgburn. Even though I have other software installed that will burn ISO/IMG/BIN etc... I still use imgburn

A landslide victory for ImgBurn!

Works without issues in XP and Vista. It even worked in Vista Betas without problems (even when Vista was hard to use at that point).

ImgBurn FTW :thup:

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!

It has several 'Modes', each one for performing a different task:

* Read - Read a disc to an image file
* Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
* Write - Write an image file to a disc
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
* Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing

http://www.imgburn.com/

Back