• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.iso Burning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

OK... So I have about an 8Gig image of Lost Planet I want to be able to burn to disk... is there a program that wiill allow me to burn 1 image onto multiple DVD's and that will still keep the files in order and all so its just like the original install disks?

yes but it will not achieve the effect you want.
While you could put the image over two discs the installation setup would not understand that you put the files over two discs and will not work.
Alternatives, run the image using daemon, buy Dual Layer Discs, buy a copy of the game.

By the way I hope that you legally purchased Lost Planet and did not obtain it through illegal means.

no no no i backed up into 1 .iso and my son got to the original disks so i to burn em so im not takin 8 gigs up on my HD..

I'd just do a split archive (dunno if .zip supports, I tend to use .rar) and burn the pieces to two DVDs, then copy them off the disks and extract when needed.

rugscrubber said:
will winRAR allow me to split an 1 .iso into 2 pieces?

Yeah, WinRAR has an option where you can split it into split RAR's, each being the size of a DVD-R.

Back