• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 7vda, upping the 3.3v I/O?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lefthandedgoat

System Specs:
Soyo 7vda
Celeron2 566
256 Crucial PC2100 Ram
Geforece 2 GTS
Soundblaster Live! Value
Netgear NIC
Diamond Modem
OCZ Aluminum heatsink with embedded copper base + 7k rpm 60mm fan

Idle temp = 30c

I had an Abit BF-6 and could run this processor at 850(100fsb) with 1.7volts. With this Soyo board I can only get it to run at 77fsb, even with the core voltage to 1.8volts. This is with "Load Optimized deftaults" done in the bios. No ram timings changed or anything.

On the BF-6 the default 3.3v was set to 3.5 for some reason, and for good measure i upped it to 3.7v. This processor ran at 850mhz for over a year just fine. I won this new Soyo motherboard last week so I picked up some ram to give it a try. I cannot adjust the 3.3v and I think that is whats holding me back. It allows you to change the "Spread Spectrum" to +/- .05v, +/- .25v, and +/-.38v. I tryed those and it does nothing for changing any of the voltages. I dont even have any idea what the Spread Spectrum thing does.

So now I have the the processor clocked at 638mhz. 75x8.5...
I am running Prime95 torute test, typing this, and listening to MP3's and everything is working okay. Im seeeing what the full load temp is.

According to the Windbond CPU temp reader included with the mobo the load temp is around 33c.

my 3.3v is sitting between 3.31 and 3.33v
the 5v is sitting between 4.92 and 5.05
oddly the -5v is sitting at -5.40 and holding right around there...
Everything else seems to be fine

Can any help me out here? I want to overclock my celeron back up to 850, so i can have my ram running at 133... HELP PLEASE...!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Back