• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyine have a dead BE6-II rev1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude

Anyone have a dead BE6-II rev1.2

The bios is currupted. I was wondering if there is anyone here who would like to donate a spare bios chip. I'll pay shipping. I know i can go out and buy one for $20 on ebay but if it's not the bios chip then I am out $20+shipping. If you could help that would be great.
Thanks
dude

Last edited:
The bios on that board, even if corrupt, should still be able to be flashed. It's an AWARD BIOS on that board and AWARD has something they call "Boot Block", this essentially is a protection built into the bios that, in case of a bad flash or failure, the original bios can be restored.

What you need to do is get your hands on an older ISA video card and put that in the system, nothing else, remove any other cards just to be sure, when you power on the system, you SHOULD see a screen saying something like "AWARD BIOS... please insert boot disk"...what you need is a bootable diskette and the awardflash.exe and the bios.bin file on it, you should be able to restore the bios in this way...

IF you do not see anything, try removing the CMOS battery and power cord for 5 mins (it really only takes 2 seconds to clear CMOS, but everyone always allows more time to be sure).

IF after you try all this and you still get nothing on the screen, then I'd say it's time for you to either order a new chip or get a new Motherboard.

Back